At present Ubisoft introduced its monetary outcomes for the third quarter of the fiscal yr 2020-21, associated to the interval between Oct. 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020.
Under you possibly can see a helpful desk with a abstract of the writer’s outcomes.
As normal, CEO Yves Guillemot offered a touch upon the corporate’s quarterly efficiency, boasting in regards to the strongest quarter within the writer’s historical past.
“Our technique continues to bear fruits. We achieved the strongest quarter in Ubisoft’s historical past, by far, due to the standard of our releases and the depth of our catalog. We’re immensely happy with our groups who, in exceptionally difficult occasions, launched 4 nice titles throughout a number of platforms and concurrently continued to complement our Stay companies.
That is an unparalleled achievement they usually confirmed outstanding adaptability and resilience. Our capability to execute at such a excessive degree of high quality demonstrates the facility of our manufacturing mannequin and the sustainability of our group.”
“In a context of accelerating engagement and really supportive business
developments, the primary 9 months of the yr confirmed that we’re persevering with to maneuver in the direction of an more and more pronounced recurrence of our revenues. Due to this fact, we anticipate our extremely worthwhile back-catalog to account for an excellent bigger share of our enterprise going ahead.”
“Ubisoft’s mannequin is generally primarily based on internally-created, wholly-owned IP and property. It’s a tried and examined mannequin that has enabled us to construct one of many broadest and most diversified portfolios of profitable franchises and noteworthy shareholder worth.
The advantages and alternatives provided by this technique are rising in a context of strongly rising online game manufacturers worth and of AAA high quality asset shortage as a consequence of larger boundaries to entry. This virtuous momentum confirms our confidence in our capability to hold on producing sturdy worth for our groups, our gamers and our shareholders over the long run.”
Chief monetary officer Frédérick Duguet additionally commented:
“The quarter was marked by the success of Simply Dance 2021 and glorious critiques for Immortal Fenix Rising and Murderer’s Creed Valhalla.
The latter delivered report gross sales and ranked, with Watch Canines: Legion, among the many prime 4 greatest sellers on the brand new era consoles. Our back-catalog additionally turned in a outstanding efficiency, with report momentum for our Murderer’s Creed titles, stable progress of the Far Cry franchise and robust improve in engagement and revenues for the The Crew model and our Freeto-Play recreation Brawlhalla.
We’re additionally reaping the advantages of the Change’s big success and our
place as main third-party writer on the platform due to, amongst others, our Simply Dance video games and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. The depth and breadth of our catalog, which matches past the manufacturers talked about, offers us with ever-greater visibility and continues to be a robust driver of profitability.”
On prime of that, the press launched features a listing of highlights for the corporate’s quarterly achievements.
Ubisoft claims to be the main writer in 2020 by way of general models gross sales and second-ranked for PS5 and Xbox Sequence X|S gross sales. They’re additionally the highest third-party writer for Nintendo Change gross sales and Murderer’s Creed Valhalla loved report income for the franchise.
- The main writer by way of unit gross sales on all platforms mixed in 2020
- New-generation (Ps 5, Xbox Sequence X/S): Ubisoft ranked second-leading writer – with Murderer’s Creed Valhalla, Watch Canines: Legion, and Immortals Fenyx Rising all within the prime 7 greatest sellers.
- Change : Ubisoft prime third-party writer in 2020, with Simply Dance 2020 the eighth greatest vendor
- File variety of distinctive gamers in 1 / 4
- Murderer’s Creed Valhalla: File income for the franchise
- Simply Dance 2021: Web bookings up sharply in contrast with Simply Dance 2020
- Continued sturdy momentum for the back-catalog within the quarter:
- Sturdy progress for Brawlhalla, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Far Cry 5, The Crew 2 and Anno 1800
- A greater than 200% surge for Simply Dance back-catalog
- Steep rise in participant engagement for Murderer’s Creed Odyssey and Murderer’s Creed Origins
- Strong acquisition for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, with some 70 million gamers registered since its launch
- Targets tightened for 2020-21: Web bookings of between €2,220m and €2,280m and nonIFRS working earnings of between €450m and €500m
- Ubisoft ESG dedication rewarded with “Prime” standing by ISS ESG
Under we see a breakdown of gross sales by platforms and area, and the discharge slate for the 4th quarter.
PS5 and PS4 are on the prime of Ubisoft’s gross sales each for the previous quarter and the primary 9 months of the fiscal yr, adopted by Xbox platforms and PC (the previous is second within the quarter whereas the latter is second for the 9 months) and Nintendo Change fairly far behind.
If you wish to examine, you possibly can try the outcomes associated to the earlier quarter, which have been revealed in October.